Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

So this is one of my staple meals. VERY simple and VERY yummy. I don't use precise amounts on this recipe.... I just throw stuff in until it looks good, so feel free to adjust according to your taste.

Chicken Pot Pie
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped potatoes
1 cup of cooked (I usually boil mine) chicken breast (chopped or shredded) 
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of chicken broth/stock (I use a little less than a can)
salt and pepper or JOHNNY SALT (yum!)
Pie Crust (I usually use pre-made pie crust because I am lazy)

I sometimes throw in mushrooms or corn as well.

Preheat oven to 350. Chop up your veggies and chicken and throw into a 9X13 glass pan or a larger pie tin. Season chicken/veggies with salt & pepper OR Johnny Salt. Mix up the cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth/stock.It should be somewhat thick. Pour soupy mixture over the veggies/chicken and mix around a little bit so all the veggies are coated. Place pie crust on top and poke a few holes in it. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes and then ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment