Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy BBQ Pork Chops

So I don't remember where I found this recipe... I just know I got it from one of my cookbooks, but I have seen several variations of it online. This meal is quick and easy and scrumptious. I like to serve it with baked beans and steamed veggies of some sort (corn, green beans, etc). It also is tasty with a side of fries.

Because this is one of my "from memory recipes the measurements are nowhere near precise, so adjust according to your taste.

Ingredients:
4 pork chops about 1 inch thick (or as many as you will eat)
Garlic Salt
Chili Powder
Pepper
Barbecue Sauce of your choosing

Directions:
1. Move your rack to the lowest oven shelf and set oven to broil.
2. Line a baking dish (I use a pyrex dish) with tinfoil.
3. Sprinkle the pork chops with garlic salt, chili powder, and pepper to taste, then rub it into the pork real good. Sometimes I will sprinkle more stuff on after I rub it. I like to do this while the pork chops are already in the tinfoil lined baking dish... less stuff to clean.
4. WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY :)
5. Stick on the bottom oven rack for 4-5 minutes on EACH side (cook longer for thicker pork chops)
6. Take out the baking dish, flip the pork chops then spread with BBQ sauce.
7. Stick back in the oven for 1-2 minutes
8. Repeat steps 6-7.

Dig In!!

No comments:

Post a Comment